|Advocacy and Community Outreach
LPA is committed to growing our Community Outreach and Advocacy Programs.
As part of the current strategic plan, LPA is building the Advocacy Committee and Community Outreach Committee. Each committee should include at least one member from each district.
Advocacy Members would:
1. Be the first point of contact for Advocacy concerns and questions in their respective districts.
2. Contribute to the development of a "Tool Kit," which will be used as an advocacy resource by the membership.
3. Be a part of discussions that impact LPA's position on national policy and issues.
Community Outreach Members would:
1. Be trained to hold Community Outreach Workshops in their community. This might include speaking at a school, an employer or a medical facility.
2. Contribute to the development of a "Tool Kit", which would be used in workshops and trainings.
3. Be part of discussions that impact LPA's position on national policy and issues.
Many members already do community outreach on their own. This committee will help to standardize the curriculum and provide training materials to members as requested.
Please contact me with any questions. Thank you!
VP of Public Relations